NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Introducing bath time?

Fay123

Hi all, my question is how do I go about introducing my grey to bathing. Sid is only 17 weeks so I've had him for 4 weeks now. I don't think the breeder interacted with him as much as he should have done when he was a hatchling. He's compfortable with the whole family handling him but still growls slightly. I tend to sit him on my shoulder or on a perch nearby when I'm washing up so he can see the water is no harm. But I woud never force it upon him and would love to know the best way of introducing this to him as ive heard greys love bathing. Thank you

Some greys love a bath, others avoid it at all costs.

My grey has never liked a bath or misting since he was 6 weeks old. I believe he thinks he is melting like witch in the wizard of Oz. :P But, he has gotten misted with 100% Aloe juice (*pre-wet him with water mist) and offered pans of water etc. to bathe in at least 2 x a week regardless. Sometimes he will go for a splash on his own in a 12 inch pan for example and splash a little.

I would recommend just putting a pie pan with water in it on a counter and splash your fingers around it to get him interested and see if he will give it a go on his own. :)

Edited by danmcq