NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

"Want to give me a kiss?"

kitt4kaz

Felix is my 11-month old Timneh. I thought I head him say "I love you" once when he was in his cage about 2 months ago but when he never said anything else I figured I had imagined it. Anyway, he was on my shoulder yesterday and I looked at him and said, "Want to give me a kiss?" He looked at me and said, "Want to give me a kiss?" in my voice and as clear as a bell! It was awesome! And not just that he said it but he repeated me.

The day before that he was in his cage and my husband heard him say, "Are you a pretty bird?" in my voice. I ask him that all the time:cool: However, I really didn't believe my husband but I do now!

He hasn't said anything else but I am so excited to hear what he may come up with next.

I'm a proud mama!

Congrats! It is always exciting to hear the first words. :)

When they are learning and calibrating words, they do so under their breath and when they believe no one is in ear shot. I have no doubt Felix has man words and phrases that will continue to shock, amaze and make you laugh over the coming weeks and months. I look forward to hearing of the new things he comes out with. :)

Way to go Felix and flock! Happy happy happy. You deserve these proud mama moments. Felix's avatar picture makes him look angelic. He is a lucky little boy to have such a loving family. You have so much to look forward to as you watch him grow.

Thanks everyone. It really is exciting! Danmcq, that is exactly what he does. He mumbles under his breath. Sometimes it almost sounds like a growl. That's what he was doing when I asked him and out of the blue, he repeated me.