NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Another Non-Stick/Teflon Question...sorry

Joolesgreyuk

I've recently updated my cookware to the new ceramic-based "Ecolon" range, purchased from amazon, it's very modern-looking, reasonably priced and really is non-stick! Advertised as safe because it's simply ceramic with no coating.

Since buying though I've seen birdy people elsewhere stating they wouldn't trust anything but stainless steel. All very well but stainless steel most definitely isn't non-stick - have you tried frying an egg in one???

So, all you experts out there, have I done the right thing - are ceramic-coated pans safe to use around the fids? Anyone?

Here in the US, we also have a new product caled Orgreenic. It's been discussed before but on the whole people were still in doubt about possible teflon in it. Finally, there' articles out including the one below that talks about the fact that Orgreenic contains no teflon or chemicals, related to teflon. The down side is that it's expensive.

People always want to have the best cooking products that they can use for preparing meals for their family. This is probably the main reason why a lot of individuals now choose to use Orgreenic cookware due to the fact that it is something that ensures quality cooking aside from being health friendly.

Orgreenic cookware has become as the perfect alternative for the traditional cookware that have long been used by many families all over the world. This is also very ideal for individuals who are highly conscious of their health, especially fats like oil and butter will no longer be required when cooking with the use of Orgreenic cookware.

You are surely aware that there is already a great increase in number of people who look after their health as they are now more worried about their cholesterol levels and weight, which makes them go for lesser fatty ingredients in the meals that they eat.

But sad to say that many traditional cookware, especially those made from aluminum, stainless steel and iron, will still call for the use of butter and oil when cooking food so that it will not attach to pan's base. Basically, Orgreenic is a breakthrough among non-stick pans which can help you in avoiding a lot of years old issues concerning non-stick coatings.

In the year 1938, there was a substance "accidentally" invented at the Jackson laboratories in DuPont. This very slippery substance came to be known as Teflon and at present, this became popular to be the slipperiest material that has come to existence. Since it is being used for numerous purposes, from the field of aerospace up to numerous industrial processes, Teflon also became familiar among households as it is being used to coat pans and other cookware to make sure that the surface will not be sticky. It then allows a lessening in the fat or oil quantity used for cooking.

Sad to say though, that several concerns regarding Teflon's safety has started to spread and now, lots of people have discovered that Teflon coatings applied on pans do chip off and can even be scraped even by simply using plastic utensils. Just the mere thought of these small chips mixing with the meals that they will serve to their families is enough to unnerve a lot of individuals, knowing that you are clueless as to what might be the effects of such. "Teflon flu" reports as well as the risks posed to the house pets during high temperatures were sufficient in making more families decide to other non-stick cookware.

Since porcelain or ceramic cookware has already been used all over the world by plenty of users, deciding to use the Orgreenic cookware seems like a more sensible and safer choice that you can make. If you no longer want to pose your family members to unknown consequences as well as other health risks, opting to use the Orgreenic cookware made from ceramic material can surely make you free from any kind of worries.

Do you want to find out more about Orgreenic cookware? Then visit Gary Milke's site on how to choose the best set for your needs. Find reviews for other top rated kitchen gadgets from Big Boss Gril, Robostir and more. Our special link adds bonus items today. Visit our site now at www.TheKitchenFunStore.com.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6689581

Plus there's plenty of articles out there to read

Edited by Dave007

I've recently updated my cookware to the new ceramic-based "Ecolon" range, purchased from amazon, it's very modern-looking, reasonably priced and really is non-stick! Advertised as safe because it's simply ceramic with no coating.

Since buying though I've seen birdy people elsewhere stating they wouldn't trust anything but stainless steel. All very well but stainless steel most definitely isn't non-stick - have you tried frying an egg in one???

So, all you experts out there, have I done the right thing - are ceramic-coated pans safe to use around the fids? Anyone?

What are ya sorry about? I wish you the best with your new cookware. It's great to cook with a smile.---No sticky, no messy

Oh this topic is going to make my husband very happy. He detests my stainless steel cookware. I did give in and let him get one ceramic coated pan and he enjoys using it to make eggs on weekends. Up to now, I am being a little lazy about it. I couldn't find any reason not to use it and I compromise by making sure the outdoor vent fan is running and the whole house fan, the same as when I ventilate the house to use the oven clean cycle. I love love love my stainless steel still though.

I am going to have to try this cookware....I do miss the non stick Teflon, although I know it is unhealthy for us as well as our birds, so I am glad to not be using it, but I would love something other than stainless steel scrubbing..:)

I am going to have to try this cookware....I do miss the non stick Teflon, although I know it is unhealthy for us as well as our birds, so I am glad to not be using it, but I would love something other than stainless steel scrubbing..:)

Well like I said--it's expensive though. Look thru websites and you'll see what I mean. Personally, I think it's worth it. It looks like luv already jumped into the Orgreenic frying pan and slid out with no stickiness.

Different websites may offer deals if a couple of them are purchased.

Thanks for your replies all. Yes I have already purchased mine but became a little concerned about the opinions of others. I think Dave has a point, we are all a little paranoid because miss-use of cookware can have such devastating results. It's a case of being cautious is it not? When there are birds in the house we cannot afford to leave things unattended in the kitchen. Not so long ago I accidently left a cooker ring on and something plastic was on it. I was in this room and after quite a while noticed a smell, on investigating I panicked and opened all the windows and the door next to Beau's cage. The birds were both fine but we just cannot know for sure what is potentially dangerous so it's best not to leave pans (and cooker rings) on when we are elsewhere in the house.

Thanks for the welcome back Janet and also Dave. xx

Overstock Orgreenic 80-16PCG 16-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set - 886511168763

Product summaryFind best priceCustomer reviewsSpecifications

Payment is NOT a factor used to rank search results in Bing.

th?id=CdTpJjj6X67t52g&pid=Commerce

xnewreply.php?do=postreply&t=199591

Sponsored Offer$172.98 $289.99Best Buy

$159.99 - $277.99 (11 stores)

Prices are dropping

Stores nearby

space.gifCustomer reviews (18)

Description

This amazing cookware set from OrGreenic features a new non-stick ceramic coating. With ergonomic handles and lightweight design, cooking has never been easier or healthier. Now you can boil, bake, braise,steam, saute or fry without adding any oil, grease or fat.

CompareCompareAdding...Added to Shopping ListYou can only add up to 10 items. Please remove some items from your list to continue adding new ones.

the cookware you purchased is most likely hard anodized. It is not a coating that can or will come off. It's not a coating at all.Totally different than Teflon.

I used to rep Cafelon and use it on a daily basis. You should be good to go.

So the hard anodized Calphalon is a good one? I like the enamel coated cast iron soup pot and flying pans but detest it as a sauce pan. I have held on to my tefon one and just use it with the kitchen closed off an on very low. I make a sauce out of cream, grated cheese and eggs ***and let me tell you clean up is either a disaster or the stuff over heats because the pan is either to thin or holds to much heat hence the reason why I have kept that lone sauce pan.

For those of you who can just hear your arteries hardening from my sauce I also add in sauteed chopped bacon, grease and all.