NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My lazy zon

Ray P

Of all my birds that I have had and had in the past I believe Cricket is the laziest of them all.

I don`t mean that in a bad way, but she wants you to do every thing for her.

When we open their cage in the morning Corky my grey will fly to the table to eat with us. but Cricket will yell my name until I come over to her cage and take her off the top of her cage and take her over to the table so she can eat with us.

She has this thing when she wants to go back to her cage and its more than 20 feet she will climb down to the floor and walk half way there and yell my name to come over to pick her up and take her the rest of the way. This is not something that happens one or two times its all the time.

When we first brought Cricket home she was very over weight and out of condition from living in a very small cage and could not fly. Now She is very trim and she can fly, but its hay TAXI.

Ray, I am always astonished with the difference between your BF zon and my BF zon. Perhaps it is because Cricket is a female and Louie a guy that their personalities are so very different. True Louie is 5 and Cricket is what 12-15 (sorry I don't remember). Louie has never been clipped and flies all the time. He is a busy busy bee. Ringing bells and destroying toys. So very different and so active. Is it age, sex or personality. I will always wonder I guess. Or, I could get a female zon also???????

Cricket is around 17+ years, but she was not always this way.

In her former home she was very aggressive and nasty.

There were teenagers in that home I believe tormented her.

On December 20th of this year her amended birthday and her first day in our home. she will have been with us 5 years and be 18 years old.

Cricket has turned out to be a great companion.

Hey... I caught that reference to getting another zon. A female? Louie may like that a lot. I love living with all your zons through the forum, they do seem to have a gregarious outgoing personality. What's not to love about that? Now Ray, you are giving me cause for pause... what if Gilbert really really can fly and he is training me to be his domestic help here?