NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A bulge under the beak, any info?

ranaz

A member of a grey Facebook page has posted 2 photos of her grey with a bulge under the beak that looks like air sac. it started out and within 30 min it grew to be like this.]Shes gone to the vet but he hasnt seen this before.

Has any of you seen this? Any info

Im attaching the photos here

919527_10200683811711008_804545299_o.jpg

967232_10200683811751009_2125515746_o.jpg

Seeing that would scare the crap out of me. I would be on the phone making arrangements to meet my vet at the animal hospital. I am very lucky to have an avian vet who is not only on call but also does shifts on nights/weekends at the animal hospital.

Excellent article and hope your baby is avoiding any infections.

Thanks Greywings, my baby is doing fine, its like he just discovered food and keeps his head in the food bowl, trying to discover different tastes. NOt much goes in but Im glad he is excited about the fresh food I offer him. Seems to like the different colors.

Seeing that would scare the crap out of me. I would be on the phone making arrangements to meet my vet at the animal hospital. I am very lucky to have an avian vet who is not only on call but also does shifts on nights/weekends at the animal hospital.

Lucky to have such a vet Wingy, here the vets are typically French and there arent many bird experts, since there arent many parrots anyway. Still looking for the right one, hoping that I wont need him anyway.

I will keep you posted with the news of the grey in the photos above. Hope they will be able to solve this one soon. Poor little thing