NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hi all!=)

Hi all!

. so.. three weeks ago i became the owner of a 12 year old grey guy..

Its been great, he's a real talker, he surprises me every single day.. :D

He's very into... destroying things:p So I've bought chewable toys for him.. He loooves them=) He also talks at "correct times" and that keeps on surprising me also.. like "goodbye", "hello" "good morning" "good night" "auch" and stuff like that.. He's so smart.. can open anything, and find solutions to problems.

What an incredible pet. Cant wait to learn more about this birds, and to get to know hum better=)

Hi Marik87 and welcome to the grey forum.

You have only just started when it comes to African Greys. They are always full of surprise when it comes to things they can do and say.

12 is still young for a grey so you have a lifetime of enjoyment in front of you.

Congratulations on finding Vasco and thanks for coming to join us. There is so much to learn about integrating a grey into a new household. It is uplifting to hear from some of our members who have a previously loved new companion. I look forward to hearing more about your life together. It sounds as if he is twice blessed and lives a charmed life.

Hello Mari and welcome to our family.

Congrats on your new to you grey, Vasco who appears to be settling into his new forever home but be prepared to see more of his true personality as he feels more comfortable, even though he may have had a nice home where he was well taken care of, mature greys carry some baggage with them so don't be surprised when he unpacks them in the coming weeks and months.

Do you have any other birds?

We would love to see some pictures of Vasco if you have some you would share with us.

• 4 months later...

thanks all! I've been moving and stuff so havent meen on... soooo ... a month ago I became the proud owner of a new CAG girl "Shani baby" She's 6 years old.. and a super girl.. her feathers are chewed and not that good.. but I'm working on it=)30473ce2-fdf3-4ea7-9a3c-041eccf8d928_zpse3b39de2.jpg

• Haha 1

Phew, I was looking and looking and rereading the posts trying to see how I missed two greys or if it was a photoshop trick shot. Omigoodness you have two rehomed greys and they are sitting this close already. Lucky lucky you and Vasco and now Shani. Nothing could have made me feel happier today. Well done. I know you are being rewarded and challenged at the same time.

haha.. thanks... yeah.. they are still in different cages tho.. but she walks across he room and climbs up to him all the time:P as you see in the pic.. shes thin, and he's a bit "bigboned" lol.. she eats more than him tho.. but just pellets and some fruit (not much).. he eats whatever I give him:P but Ive managed to get her on a healthier pellet.. so I hope it will all work out fine.. She Is seriously the funniest bird.. I came out of the shower today with wet hair.. and she looked at me and went.. "oohh wee, are we taking a shower??" In this very cool norwegian dialect:P omg.. I laughed so hard:P