NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Escher had a little scare

Sanveaz

Escher was on his playstand and I started running the dustbuster to clean the mess he made on the floor. Well it scared him and he flew off his stand and eventually ended up behind the tv. When I finally got him out all he wanted to do was snuggle with me. He's fine now but he and I were both a little scared with him back there with all the wires.

me and escher.jpg

me and escher 3.jpg

me and escher 2.jpg

Awwww, poor Escher. Greys can certainly be alarmed and react instantly to an unexpected sight or sound. Next time just tell Escher "Lets Vacuum" to prepare him. That's what I did for Dayo to let him know to prepare for that sound. Now when I get the vacuum out, he starts saying "Let's Vacuum!". If he is out he will fly to my shoulder so he can "help". I loved the comforting photos with Escher.

Poor baby, Biscotti still does not like the vacuum, I have to put him in his cage or he will panic fly. I always warn him before I turn it on. Now he says "that's a vacuum, make a big noise. Don't be scared baby bird", but he still does get scared. I just try & talk to him while I am vacuuming, hoping one day it won't frighten him.

We found a solution with time, though I don't know if it would work for others. When we get ready to vacuum, Timber would get excited and lunge at the vacuum. We gave him a hard plastic attachment (crevice tool) from a defunct vacuum. Throw that in the cage and he attacks it vigorously, which allows us to proceed with the vacuuming without his interference. After a time, he will be chewing on the attachment and even trying to scratch his neck with it. At any rate, it distracts him from the vacuum!