NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Alfie talking loads

aw64

My Alfie may not be the cuddlest CAG around but he sure is picking up talking so well, If I tell him his a good boy he now tells me I'm good girl, ask him his name he replies Alfie and has just started saying 'hello ann' (my name) and I reply hello alfie, cant believe how he has worked it all out, I do say these things to him but for him to work out I am ann and wait for me to say hello alfie is amazing, we now have a lovely bank holiday, day off work sun is out so hope to spend afternoon out side sadly Alfie has to go into smaller cage for this as cannot get near him with harness, but any idears for outdoor flight aviary would be good sadly on a budget.

It is GreYt to hear such meaningful verbal interaction is now taking place between you and Alfie. Much more will continue to come. In regards aviary outdoors aviary, just roll him and his cage outdoors if you can. You could (budget providing) build a flight outdoors with just wood and chicken wire rather economically. then place 2x4 and other branches for roosting and decorate as you wish with some hanging toys etc.

would chicken wire be safe did wonder if he could bite through that, could get cage outside but there is a step and its hard on my own and he goes mad like I'm sending him into lion pit lol

He would be hard pressed to bite through it. one note on chicken wire. It shold not be galvanized which applies a zinc coating. It would need to be steel. You can also check hardware store for rectangular mesh wire as well if you prefer.

yes agree mistyparrot, thank you for the link, going to have a look on PC to see whats about here in UK, dont want to spend loads as we dont get that many nice sunny days!! lol