NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Flight cages okay?

Tara

I'm trying to do the best research possible for cages, and I was wondering if a flight cage like this :

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13193278&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInCA%2FNo

Would be better than a parrot cage like this :

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13249807&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInCA%2FNo

The bigger the better, right? Or not so in this case?

At least the flight cage specifies bar spacing. -____-;

I figured the thickness of the bars might compromise it, trancework. I'm not really on a budget but I'd also not like to spend 3k on a stainless steel one.

Kimkim, I've been checking kijiji every day, but somehow I forgot Craigslist! Thanks. :)

I agree the flight cages are not for the larger birds. When I first got into parrots I was told the cage should be large enough that the bird could stretch his wings out. Also, not SO full of toys that he couldn't stretch the wings LOL. I have seen cages in which it looked like there wasn't room for the bird to move. Too much of a good thing.

The cages you're looking at aren't truly flight cages for medium sized parrots. The sizes posted on their ads are ust the same average home sized cage for greys or amazons. If you truly want a flight cage where the bird can truly fly around in it, you would need to go to a store that specializes in actual flight cages. This is a homemade flight cage

CopyofCopyofCopyofMetalHomemadeAviary.jpg[/url