NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Carrier?

mom2mny

I also have the same type kizzybird has. Gracie really likes it and it allows her to stretch her wings and see what is going on. We spent two hours at the local park yesterday and Gracie was happy in that cage.

I have both the plastic dog carrier for short trips and the larger wired ones for longer trips. When we first got Bongo i wanted the best for him and at that time it was the acrylic carries, hated it! Now i know for the most part it is just getting them from point a to point b and the money saved lets me get them little extra toys! Lol

I have the one that Kizzy linked for us. It works well for short trips and I can put food cups on the door. I have had three of them because Gilbert can take the springs off (they hold the hooks on the end panels) and he can also open the door latch from the inside. Now I get some zip ties and lock the folding panels in place for travel and use a quick link on the door handle. I also have the pack-o-bird which is good for short outings but I wouldn't dare to leave him in it at a motel or somewhere unattended because he chews on it. I do love the water bottle Mari, where did you find it?

I finally put together the stroller that I bought for the Pak-O-Bird. I did not get the stroller with the Pak because I felt it was to low to the ground. Instead I found and purchased a Snap-N-Go that is designed to hold an infant car seat. It is sturdy, lifts the Pak much higher up and has straps to rest the Pak on. It took some maneuvering and experimentation to get it to sit right, without leaning front or back but I think I have it now. I took the back pack straps off and attached them to the front running under and around the stroller frame. The clip that keeps the backpack straps together in the center goes under the stroller straps. I put Jake in and wheeled him around the house, purposely bumping into objects and furniture as a test run and he didn't wiggle very much. The nice thing about this model is that if the Pac does indeed slip down it will rest in the carry tray underneath. If the breeze doesn't kick up to much this afternoon I would like to go for a test run outside.

This is the exact model that I bought. It is $56 at Babies R Us. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12353532

pTRU1-11743182t130.jpg

Edited by Wingy
added link