NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Suggestion: slightly longer wait for membership to crack down on SPAM!

MoonRock

I have noticed more and more spam posts hawking iPhones, electronics, random crap and more iPhones. I would like to suggest the membership approval process be a bit harder- maybe each member-to-be should be required to provide such information as, "Why would you like to join this forum?" Honestly, I can't remember if I was, in fact, required to answer such a question when I joined, but there has to be a way to keep the spammers from joining! And is it just me or do spammers always have obvious spammer handles, like "gfvkynt"?

P.S. PM me and I will calculate for you your VERY OWN spammer handle! I calculated mine just now, and it's "blw49shgx". Pretty cool, yes? ;)

Thats what we as moderators and admin have to watch for all the time, the spammers never give up and neither do we so whenever we see one we ban them and delete their posts, we are diligent in our jobs so hopefully you don't have to see them for long, its a never ending job but we will succeed.

Edited by judygram

Thats what we as moderators and admin have to watch for all the time, the spammers never give up and neither do we so whenever we see one we ban them and delete their posts, we are diligent in our jobs so hopefully you don't have to see them for long, its a never ending job but we will succeed.

I would like to acknowledge that the spam/ bot posts don't seem to stay up for very long. I also like the "reporting" feature. I think that helps clean up the site faster.

We do our best...But PLEASE remember that our Mods & Admin VOLUNTEER their time here, get no compensation. PLUS we all work full time, have families, flocks, pets and then some, so if these spam posts stay a bit longer than you'd like, that is why....:)

We do our best...But PLEASE remember that our Mods & Admin VOLUNTEER their time here, get no compensation. PLUS we all work full time, have families, flocks, pets and then some, so if these spam posts stay a bit longer than you'd like, that is why....:)

Talon, I don't see why you can't just quit your job and monitor the site full time. ;)