NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello Hello!

I created an account back in July of last year but i never really introduced my self. Im Courtney but everyone can call me Court. And my lovely CAG is Lily. She is a two year old Congo African Grey that just has the best and brightest personality. I saw her about a year ago at someones house and she flew over to me and started cuddling with me. The owner of the house was really shocked, because she said that Lily was extremely shy and wouldnt even let her hold her. She also said that she unlocked her own cage just to come see me. I was also shocked, ive always loved animals with all my heart but i never thought of myself as a bird person. I was brought up thinking they are gross nasty animals. But when she flew to me i could feel an instant bond formed. She insisted that i visit more often so that Lily can get a chance to play with someone. I started coming over every week and doing all the research i could on African Greys and after a couple months the Owner of Lily ended up saying that she had never seen Lily so happy so she wanted to give her to me. I was so excited! She stays at my side every where i go. Except for when i have to go to school and work, which she hates. She is very spoiled and she knows it. She has almost half a closet of toys and treats for her. I love every moment i spend with her and it really just makes me happy knowing that she is so happy. I absolutley love this Forum. It has helped both me and her so much. Im pretty sure ive seen her on my computer looking through this website and looking at all her bird friends. Im always looking to make friends and even though im still kind of new to this site still im always willing to help. Lily will be right by my side willing to help to. Im always looking for more toys for Lily, so if any of you have any great recomendations that would be wonderful. Im also looking for creative ideas to make a play stand and some other big toys but i am stuck. Thanks guys for the welcome and Me and Lily look forward to hearing from you guys.

Welcome Court and Lily! It seems destiny had it's course withyou and Lily. I love hearing of such occasions of a life-path altering event that enrich two beautiful souls lives coming together by what seemed like a chance meeting. :)

You can post the photo's in this thread if you wish, since it is your introduction to us. I am looking forward to seeing them and hearing more. :)