NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Buying a used cage?

goldilocks

As long as there is not rust and you can see that it has all it nuts and blots, I see no reason not to buy it. Just make sure you sanitize it throughly. I would scrub it with HOT water, apple cider vinegar, let it set out in the sun and then repeat LOL.

I have bought used cages many a times, absolutely would i buy a used cage. A good clean like what was said before and then let it air out in the hot sun for a few days. The perches if wood i would usually throw out. Since you can go to homedepot and buy all kinds of dowel rods different sizes and just replace them.

Also remember... bigger is not always better. My guys have a palace from ceiling to floor. Too big to even take outside. They like it....but not their favorite. Difficult to clean. I would always suggest getting a " forever home", right from the start. Greys don't like to adapt to a new home. Even a home gym can be difficult to replace. Sophie has seen many new gyms, including the metal one she loves. Found the same gym.... nope, no way! So Sean, my son, repairs her old metal gym over and over, to make it safe for her. She watches him closely. Once he is done repairing it... he gives her the okay, and she slides down the metal bar 90 miles an hour giving him her approval. He can only repair it, so often he says. YIKES! She needs to give it up! Nancy