NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

where in the world is that aloe vera!!!?

TinyTimneh

all right, well, i'm gonna need some help from my fellow canucks if there's any!

owning a plucker i desperately want to track down some aloe vera juice (the gel is EVERYWHERE lol, but never the JUICE).

does anybody know where i can track down some aloe vera juice in this big ol' ice cube of a country lol?

Pharmacies like Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, health food stores, stores that sell organic products , large Dept stores like Walmart. Most of these places will order it for you if they don't sell it. Start your search at Walmart. If one Walmart sells it, then all others will have access to the product.

It can be purchased online but it'll cost much more than purchased directly from a store

ALL OF THESE ARE IN THE UK

Aloe Vera Juice from Acne-advice.Com UK | Aloe Vera Juice

Hwize.Com/aloe-Vera/aloe-Vera.HTML

www.aloeveraonline.co.uk

www.mailordervitamins.co.uk/aloe_vera.htm

www.aloeveradrink.co.uk

www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/details.asp?level=2&ref=891710HE&productid=PHAVJ500

www.optimah.com/shop/products.asp?id=73

-----------------------------------------------------

Just type in ALOE VERA JUICE IN THE UK and you'll find even more links<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/10/19 05:46

Guest briansmum

thank you mr spock.. it just all looked like the wrong stuff to me.

and i never thought of hollan and barrat jjcool, thanks :)

Hi TinyTimneh ,

You should try a local Health/Vitamin stores. That was the only place I could find Aloe Juice. It was at a store simply named "The Vitamin Store".

Walmart nor any of the drugs store chains such as walgreens or rite-aid had it here.

If all else fails, order it online. :-)

thanks guys, i suppose the hunt continues. i'll be dropping by the local pet store monday (baby bird hunting YAYY!) so i'll hunt around and see what they've got and then head off to walmart and see.

now the grey is ok with being misted by that's alot of water to spray and my hands cramps alot and water goes everywhere. any tips for getting him to bathe in a large dish etc.?

With the AVI RAIN you don't need to spray on much. I hold them on one hand and hang on to their toes and spray with the other.

They will occasionally bathe in a aquare plastic dish pan 1/4 full. I float a ball in it and sometimes they get bobbing and then get right in!

• 1 month later...

I was able to find aloe vera juice at our Walmart, it was on the shelf with the laxatives. I'm not pushing brands, but the only brand they carry is Fruit of the Earth and it is not 100% aloe, it is 99.8%. We named our TAG, Rosie, but "Dusty" would have suited her better!

Tee

Buy the juice at Sam's Club--the store owns Walmart Corp so it should be inexpensive. Use it full strength. It's harmless if accidently ingested.

When using Aloe gel, don't water it down. Use it as you would a salve. Watering it down makes it useless. You want the gel to softly and slowly penetrate the skin or irritation. It's harmless to the bird if accidently ingested.<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/11/21 21:49

thank you dave that is exactly the information i need! although merlin will more than likely strenuously object, but hey on the optimistic side he might surprise me and actually like it?

now that i understand the materials, i shall have to reflect upon technique. hmmm merl adores big daddy maybe he should be the one to spray him down...

• 2 months later...

Hi There,

I found my 100% Aloe Juice at the Health Food Store here in Calgary. I bought "George's" brand, and from what I hear it is available at many health stores.

I'm not sure whether to water it down though. My vet said 15ml of Aloe to 500ml of water. This sounds like such a small amount though.

Debbie

Hi. Fellow Canuck here. I'm in Ontario and found 100% AV juice in the local health food store yesterday. Also 100% organic. Brand name is Lily of the Desert from a company in Texas. Dorian's first Aloe spritzing is planned for tomorrow after breakfast. Wish me luck!