NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Question about Thanks

Brat Birds

Would someone explain the why the thanks are counted.

Some people have 2,187 thanks - 2,769 times in 1,319 posts

another 7,475 thanks - 1,851 times in 1,134 posts

another 16,106 thanks - 4,086 times in 1,994 posts

So is there some complicated math equations that is used to figure these out??

Just curious.

Thanks

Right now at this moment you have 2 thanks which means you have given thanks for 2 posts, you have been thanked 66 times in 16 posts which means you have been thanked a total of 66 times in 16 posts which means you have been thanked by more than one person in a post, you might have noticed that you have been thanked by multiple people in one particular post. I know this sounds confusing but that's it, many of the members have been here for years so they have more thanks, usually you have more the longer time you have been here, you have no control over how many thanks you get but you do have complete control over how many you give and some give more often than others, hope this helps.

It's an aggregate count of 'thanks' (think of them as 'likes') across all of the members posts. I.e. how many times in total other members have 'thanked' that members posts.

Good explanation's Judy and SterlingSl....................................Thanks On the old Grey Forums we had "Kudo", and you could give as many as you wanted, we'd have contest and award the winners "blank" amount of kudos. I believe it was Judy who had a wonderful fantastic amount of kudos a long with Dan, Dave, Janet and Talon........If you really like or dislike a thread or post, you can click "Reputation" that's the star besides the thank you...........................

Edited by Jayd

Thanks, I have no problem understanding what a thank is, it is the math involved that has me stumped.

How does being thanked 66 times in 16 posts equal 2??

Okay, don't worry about how many posts you've written. in 19 of the posts you've read, you have given 3 thanks. Of the posts you've written 19 people have thanked you. In this post you've received 2 thanks and given none.

OK I think I got it!!! LOL

Thanks: = thanks I have given out - it has nothing to do with the thanks coming in.

So no math involved! LOL

thanks

Other things to realize is that we're not the only board that does this. Many boards do this even though they may have nothing to do with birds. The administrator controls the wording. In the past, instead of THANKS, the word that was used was KUDOS but the administrator finally found out that many people who were seeing this word actually thought it was a new brand of chocolate chip cookies so she decided to change the word to THANKS because she knew that most people had eperience with THANKS

Give the administrator a pat on the back because she thought long and hard how to solve this very complex problem.

Other things to realize is that we're not the only board that does this. Many boards do this even though they may have nothing to do with birds. The administrator controls the wording. In the past, instead of THANKS, the word that was used was KUDOS but the administrator finally found out that many people who were seeing this word actually thought it was a new brand of chocolate chip cookies so she decided to change the word to THANKS because she knew that most people had eperience with THANKS

Give the administrator a pat on the back because she thought long and hard how to solve this very complex problem.

I vote we go back to Kudos and get cookies for every useful post. :)

I vote we go back to Kudos and get cookies for every useful post. :)

Voting is impossible when the whole board is totally ruled by a infamous dictator who has an iron fist. Talon's word is the last word and she has cohorts who will follow her extreme cruel methods. She puts fear into the hearts and minds of many people and laughs at the reactions of her slaves while drinking the blood of her foes.