NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Timneh Mom

Hi everyone. I went to a bird show Saturday looking for a Pionus and came home with a 10 month old Timneh African Grey. I don't know if it's male or female but we tend to call it he because we already have a male dog and it's just habit. We named him Escher. He got up on my shoulder right by my neck at the show and would try to bite anyone who tried to take him away from me including the lady he belonged to, so I had to take him home.

escher.jpg

Hi everyone. I went to a bird show Saturday looking for a Pionus and came home with a 10 month old Timneh African Grey. I don't know if it's male or female but we tend to call it he because we already have a male dog and it's just habit. We named him Escher. He got up on my shoulder right by my neck at the show and would try to bite anyone who tried to take him away from me including the lady he belonged to, so I had to take him home.

Welcome Sanveaz and Escher! It's GreYt having you here. Wow, talk about a grey choosing you!!! :) How has the homecoming gone? I hope you have time for updates, photos and videos. :)

Welcome! So, you went looking for a Pionus and ended up with a grey! Quite different species of parrot. Both fantastic, but very distinct. I'm mean, let's face it, pionus are on many lists as a good first bird--Greys on the other hand...not on those lists!! I ignored those lists and got a grey as my first bird and have never regretted it. I'm glad you are here because this is definitely the place to learn about life with a grey. I'm guessing you feel a bit taken by surprise, but the fact that your little "guy" chose you--probably starts you off on the right foot. I think things happen for a reason, and this may be a "meant to be" situation. Good luck and keep us posted. Greys really are amazing. You are in for a wonderful adventure!

Edited by JeffNOK