NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Its all falling into place

aw64

Hi guys, I think Iv got it........at last!!

Great week with Alfie! He is training me well now, have now took to letting him out with step up but at times I have nothing to do so I just sit on sofa and let him do what he wants.......within reason, but I'm asking nothing of him, had alot less bites and no blood has been shed! He will come to back of sofa next to me for tickle tickle when he wants to and today has even gone down onto the floor for ago at dog bones!!, he hasn't gone onto the floor since he was a baby, so I'm taking this as feeling more confident and relaxed, we are having lots of vocal contact chatting away to each other, and the tickle tickle is going great he moves his head in a way to get me to scratch where he wants it, under his beak, sides of face and top of head and its to the point the dust is left on the back of sofa, getting him back into cage is improving aswell still bit of a battle during the day but bed time is good now 9pm and he gets what we call his good boy treat, so guess I needed to step back a bit, plan to continue this way in the hope Alfie will move us forward with more contact when he is ready, think my problem was not being able to understand why he changed from a lovely baby to a devil bird. But feeling much more positive now

Fantastic! Its always about them, and their own rate of speed. Like a turtle.LOL! He certainly sounds like he is trusting you more. What you are doing when you say "I'm taking a step back", is "listening." Our greys tell us what they want and need. Once they feel you are " trained", they trust you more.I can't think of any other species on the planet, that starts to trust humans, once humans are trained! LOL! Whatever happened to the theory that humans rule the planet? Nancy