NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Opinions Please!

murfchck

I have a chance to get a double macaw cage and was thinking using the divider and having my greys move in it. They easily adjust to new things so changing cages wouldn't be a big deal. My worry is them being so close. Do you think they will feel like they have their own space? This sounds silly but Bongo has the smallest of all the cages, its still plenty big, just not "as" big. I am a big stickler on being fair and equal with thm. I already have 2 double macaw cages for the macaws and we thought it would look better and be easier to get Gus one also and the greys to share one. They are fine in what they already have, just a deal i hate to pass up. Darn these bird fairs and getting to know the vendors, very dangerous!

They share the stand in the kitchen area and their other cages were beside each other. Notice the use of the word other? Lol We couldn't pass it up, and the cage Gus has is just as large so it just seemed right for the greys. They both kinda eyed it funny but when i put the bowls inside they both ran right in. We set them up with perches and toys in the same areas, thought the change would be less stressful. Bongo ran all over it, climbing on the top. Gabby went right up to the top corner where she can see all. Oliver actually got the new one. It was the exact same cage that we got Bubba, only the color.

Oops, lol. Olivers is the dark grey color and boy does he stand out in it against the flesh tone color he sports! The greys got a light grey one, i have to look for their lil red bums to find them! Bubbas is what they call salmon, gus is sporting an off white right now. Hoping to find another dark grey one for Bubba and give Gus the salmon one. WAY in the future though.