NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My Heart IsSwelling With Pride!

murfchck

I don't get to talk much about Bongo's achievements, they are visually unseen. He is very reserved and has been since we brought him home. A little back history, he was kept in a cage in a warehouse office, kept as a show piece for customers. He is 6 yrs old, said step up on his first day here and nothing since. He is 100% my little boy. He has a weird beak growth also and in his last home they trimmed it theirself and what a mess. His wing clip when he got here was something i have never seen before, not just the first 5 feathers but the entire wing. We have since retaught him to fly, its still not perfect but he flies to me and can land easily on my arm. Only landed on my shoulder once. Hubby can handle him but if i am around, no way, he flies around until he finds me.

I have noticed this last week that he is starting to use different whistles as words. Hello is a short, quick one etc. He is matching the sound of the word. I am starting to think he may start using words again! He has also started whistling while he is perch on me. During our nite nite playtime last night, while he was inside his cage he, in his own way, invited me in to play. He uses his foot and opens and closes it to say come here, when you do go to him he will hold his foot out for a step up. I see how smart he is and he is starting to open up and show others!

Heehee, last night i was cleaning the bowls and he flew to me. He isn't much of a shoulder bird but he went right to it and stayed there. I walked all over the house and was shocked he never got flustered. The house is blown up, cages everywhere as Bongo and Gabby got a new double macaw cage, with divider, to share. It was funny, we were rolling Gabbys cage past Bubba and he hopped on it and just started laughing, like a ride at the park! Bongo stayed on my shoulder even through that. Him and Gabby have started doing this very high pitch, ear drum busting, wolf whistle that they only do while on your shoulder. I think he is watching Gabby and learning from her and how she interacts with Pat and then tries it out on me. I believe in our situation, having 2 greys is a good thing for them both!

He is my baby! If ever he gets startled, he flies right to me! When he ends up on the floor, he will seek me out and step up on my foot for a lift up. We have this silly game we play too with the breeder door, i open it up and he runs to that area and hangs upside down and swings himself to the door for what we call fly by kisses. He then runs across the top, grabs his toy and plays keep away. If i get close to it he pulls it back with his foot and laughs. Pat only gets the laugh out of him at bedtime. Their game is Pat puts his finger between the bars, he grabs it, Pat say ouch and Bongo laughs. (he doesn't bite him, just grabs.)