NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New here and new African Grey owner..

Hello Okierebel and welcome to our family.

Congrats on your new baby grey, I am assuming this is your first grey and maybe your first parrot but correct me if I am wrong. I know you are so excited about the homecoming of Gracie and I bet you have been preparing for that special day she arrives.

Please do read thru the many threads for lots of useful information, many questions have been asked and some of your answers you need will be found in them but feel free to ask us any questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Gracie is adorable and thanks for including her photo in your intro post.

I have a rescued cockatiel.. Although I have been told Greys are different as night and day from cockatiels.. Debo ( cockatiel) had been abused by having his butt feathers plucked out.. When he first come to us.. You couldn't even touch his cage without him trying to attack you through it.. Now he will let you handle him.. And handle him I mean he will step up on ur finger and will ride on ur shoulder.. No more painful bites.. He loves my 18 yr old daughter Sammie.. And she loves him.. He is now HER baby.. lol.. Gracies breeder is wonderful.. And doesn't live but about 15 miles from me.. I was very blessed to find Linda (breeder).