NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I have been dubbed the "EVIL WITCH"

EllieMae

Well it's official...Dan was right, I am the other woman that must go! Sassy and I are battling for the title of #1 witch with a capitol B. She absolutely loves Jack and he can do anything with her. As for me however, just walking past her is reason enough to reach out and take a bite. Actually watching the bond between them grow is very cool. I don't mind that she has chosen Jack as her human, I do however take offense to the total intolerance she seems to have taken to me. Especially since I am the one who is home all day with her. I feed her, I give her treats, I'm her sole caregiver. On the other hand I'm also the enforcer..lol.. Today is the first day in a while that I haven't been bitten but it's only 6 pm... there's still time. She is actually mean about it at times, runs across the couch to bite my knee.. she runs across the floor to peck my feet. Sometimes when I offer her a treat she bites my hand instead. Jack and I crack up over her all the time. She still follows me around the house when I leave the room but yet bites when I have her step up to come back to the living room. I keep telling her she's about an inch from becoming BBQ to which she hisses at me. The absolute worst thing is that I do not have the cleanest mouth and when she catches me by surprise ... well lets just say that I'm sure it's not going to be long before our lovely daughter calls me what I call her.

On a serious note though, I am getting concerned. I'm not sure how to handle the biting. I have several new markings on my hands and arm at this point. I try to put her in the cage for it and Jack will cage her and scold her when he's here and she does it but usually if he's not here I can't catch her to get her in there and if I finally do it's probably too long after the bite for her to get why she's being banished to the cage. Sometimes during the day she's fine with me but I never know... What's a gal to do? I promise...I'm not really going to BBQ her :)

Hi, this is a very simple one, I'm a million miles away from you, but I can sense your emotions and concerns, it emanates from you like musk. If I can feel it? The minute you see you feathered friend, your mind and emotions fill wilh the thoughts you written here. What you need to do is Stop, Relax, Take 3 breathe, recite a mantra or prayer, [a real one] and don't approach your baby until your mind is relax and void of all negative thoughts....This is serious, I'm not joking, with time it will all come naturally......................

Sometimes during the day she's fine with me but I never know... What's a gal to do? I promise...I'm not really going to BBQ her :)

The best thing to do is avoid a bite by knowing where and when they happen. The running at you across the couch or seeing her coming at your feet are both avoidable. I know all about the offering a treat and getting a quick bite instead. Sometimes you can read their body language and move your hand before it happens. But, a grey also knows how to put on the best poker face in the world and bite with lightening speed at times. It is those times you cannot avoid them other than just learning as you do offer a treat that there are miniscule signs in the body, eyes and talons if they are receptive to it or not. It takes time to learn these signs. But I know you will. :)

Hi, this is a very simple one, I'm a million miles away from you, but I can sense your emotions and concerns, it emanates from you like musk. If I can feel it? The minute you see you feathered friend, your mind and emotions fill wilh the thoughts you written here. What you need to do is Stop, Relax, Take 3 breathe, recite a mantra or prayer, [a real one] and don't approach your baby until your mind is relax and void of all negative thoughts....This is serious, I'm not joking, with time it will all come naturally......................

Jayd

You are absolutely correct. I'm very apprehensive when I get near her. My first thought is ok.. is the little demon gonna get me this time. I do know that while Jack is holding her or playing with her you cannot touch her. That is her Daddy time and she does not share. LOL.. Jack had her on his arm a couple of nights ago and I had to go into the kitchen which required walking past them. Well as I walked by I stopped and kissed Jack on the cheek and she hissed at me.. I turned towards her and said "Ha! I got one huh?" She promptly bit Jacks arm since she couldn't reach me.. LOL. He looked at her and said "What did I do?" She was all cute again sending him kissy sounds. Jack swears the bird and I deserve each-other and that there is alot of karma floating around this house.

I know that she totally feels in control because my anticipation of being bit makes me very jump around her. I find it very hard to reach towards her with a steady hand. I've been doing the fist thing but she just grabs my wrist instead. Jack said that when I jerk back and walk aways from her that I'm giving her the power.

EllieMae... this stinks! Now its time to take control of the situation. Repeat after me: "I am the parent, you are the child!" Now believe it! Have hubby give a tour of your house when baby is interested. When baby is in a "strange enviroment", wants to go back to cage... YOU take baby back.Never stress the baby, but baby will appreciate you when you have alleviated the stress. Nancy

I really know how you feel and cannot add anything to help, worst part for me is there is only me no partner to blame lol, it can be a rough ride at times but when Alfie knows I'm not happy he does his cute tickle tickle and all is forgiven, I struggle to read his body language, but I do know if I need to remove him from my head or a part of furniture that is out of bounds I will get bit, I use a perch for these times but he is so good at flying from that to head/ shoulder before I can blink, the books sure dont tell you about this part, only last night I was reading how to keep them on perch/play stand, what is that about, while Alfie can fly there is no such thing as stay there, one tip which is not the best but a very small amount of plain biscuit will turn Alfie into a cag that can step up with out biting........well 3 times out of 5.

But we love them and will not give up