NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Please I Need Help

Q8hussain

There can be so many causes of plucking-bacteria or yeast on the skin, underlying health and nutrition problems, dry skin, boredom and transient pain form a previous injury. You really need a qualified Avian Veterinarian to take a good look and diagnose the cause so you know where to start with a treatment.

I bought Pluck No More and i waiting to get it next week . Any Bird Supplements should i buy ?

More than likely the Pluck no More won' t work.

There's another product called Feather In thats different because it leaves a coating on the skin and feathers thourhout the day. It's sprayed on and anything left in the sprayer by the end of the day has to be discarded. A new amount is mixed the next day. It can be bought at a place caklled Avitech. It can be bought online. No matter what you use just remember that the skin is the most important part that should be soaked down. The bird should stay soaked and eventually he/she will dry off. Your problem could be caused by very dry skin or a very dry atmosphere. If you have your bird in the sun for long periods of the day, that could also cause it. The amount of bathing could not be enough. A vet visit may be necessary or your bird may be a chronic plucker which is different than a acute plucker.

More than likely the Pluck no More won' t work.

There's another product called Feather In thats different because it leaves a coating on the skin and feathers thourhout the day. It's sprayed on and anything left in the sprayer by the end of the day has to be discarded. A new amount is mixed the next day. It can be bought at a place caklled Avitech. It can be bought online. No matter what you use just remember that the skin is the most important part that should be soaked down. The bird should stay soaked and eventually he/she will dry off. Your problem could be caused by very dry skin or a very dry atmosphere. If you have your bird in the sun for long periods of the day, that could also cause it. The amount of bathing could not be enough. A vet visit may be necessary or your bird may be a chronic plucker which is different than a acute plucker.

I visited the vet and he suggestion me bathing the bird every day and give her Multi Vitamin . I live in Kuwait which is all most the day Hot weather . I remember i was put many wood in side the Cage she was Bite the wood and than in few days she be come perfect !!!! Now the problem come again I did a research for products Feather and i find this below which one i should by ?

1- AviPollen 100% Natural Bee Pollen - 16 oz

2- AviGlo 100% Organic Red Dende Palm Oil

3- Feather-In AntiPick Treatment

4- Featheriffic! Feather Conditioning Supplement

5- Avi-Cal Plus Calcium Supplement

I visited the vet and he suggestion me bathing the bird every day and give her Multi Vitamin . I live in Kuwait which is all most the day Hot weather . I remember i was put many wood in side the Cage she was Bite the wood and than in few days she be come perfect !!!! Now the problem come again I did a research for products Feather and i find this below which one i should by ? 5- Avi-Cal Plus Calcium Supplement

1- AviPollen 100% Natural Bee Pollen - 16 oz --Has nothing to do with feather plucking/chewing

2- AviGlo 100% Organic Red Dende Palm Oil--Has nothing to do with plucking. It's a basic food they eat in the wild. Contains certain necessary vitamins.

3- Feather-In AntiPick Treatment ---will work but it's a long term product. There is no product that fixes that problem quickly. Also, the condition of the bird's feathr/skin area may not completely get fixed because some skin areas may have been seriously damaged and no feathers can grow back. We can't make judgements on that because the photos don't really tell the whole picture. Frm what I can see, the problem doesn't seem to be very serious. Other birds that have been helped with feather In have looked worse than your bird.

4- Featheriffic! Feather Conditioning Supplement---has nothing to do with plucking/chewing. Those types of products work on softbill birds such as canaries, budgies, finches.

5- Avi-Cal Plus Calcium Supplement ----Most of the time, giving calcium supplements won't work. Calcium comes from natural foods they eat such as vegetables which is a normal item they eat in the wild.

So, your best shot is Feather IN but remember that there's no quick cure. It took a while to pluck those feathers out so it's gonna take a while to grow them back in. AND, when using the product, there might be minor set backs because of the way the feathers are growing back in. One feather that's growing may irritate another feather that

s growing in so the natural thing a bird does is to pull out the feather that's causing the irritation.