NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

bath in bowl and or sink

pjbmom

Hi everyone,

I have Chico now enjoy taking a spray bath. Because he steps up to my hand and is very comfortable with me, I wanted to introduce him to a bowl or sink bath ( Occasionnaly I put him on a perch and shower him too. )

How would you approach this bath in a sink or bowl?Or do you think I should stick with the spray bottle or shower perch for now? Just want him to get exposed to as much possible to see what he prefers the best.

thanks.

Since chico seems to already accept and enjoy misting and showers. Just get something like a large pie pan for example and place it on a counter top fill it 3/4 with water, splash you hand or finger around in t to get him interested in it to see if he will go in on his own. You could also use a deeper stainless bowl like a large dog water bowl. Sometimes misting them lightly with aloe if they already enjoy that will entice them to jump right n to the bowl as well. You could of course experiment with the sink in the same manner. This will be a little trial and error to see what he prefers.

Edited by danmcq

Dan's right. If you've got Chico so that he likes misting, stick with it. Around here Dorian has to initiate the bath idea or it ain't happening. I can help him along though. They prefer cold water for bathing, so you can even try adding a couple ice cubes to the dish ideas Dan gave you. On days when I want to encourage Dorian to take the plunge, I just keep filling and refilling his water dish with ice cold water and he usually dives in himself. Then and only then will he allow me to help him with a spray bottle full of cold aloe juice.