NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Day 3 of the No Scream Challenge :)

itsjustnikki

As I am typing this Tango is screaming incessantly. I think he has started to taunt me now. He will now quiet down and say good boy when I ignore him, and when I start to praise him he starts to scream again.

He is too smart for his own good. He knows what is going on and is trying to play the system. I am not letting him get away with it this time. He gives up after a while and finds something in his cage to entertain himself or a way to get to where he wants to be without me or my boyfriend picking him up.

I know its only 3 days, but I think he's catching on!

Edit: I wish I had one of those web cam things so I could show everyone how much of a little brat he can be. But I just keep ignoring now and he eventually stops screaming.

Edited by itsjustnikki

Oh they can be sooo bratty! Patience DOES payoff! I promise. You will go thru biting, establishing parenthood, terrible two's, hating the rest of the family. Stick to your guns, be patient, establish behavioral guidelines, you will find yourself with the most adorable grey, who loves everyone. We got there at age 4, Sophie adopted at age two.My kids are both at college now. Call frequently.... I get a quick " Hi mom! I'm good! Can I talk to Sophie? LOL! I'm thrilled! My goals and expectations for her are beyond what I thought I could ever expect. She is one happy grey who thinks the world revolves around her. Yes... it does. Nancy

He gives up after a while and finds something in his cage to entertain himself or a way to get to where he wants to be without me or my boyfriend picking him up.

This is a fantastic sign!!!!! I have no doubt that he's catching on. You and your boyfriend are doing a great job and setting up a future where you all can enjoy each others company, and Tango can learn to entertain himself. Keep up the fantastic work!

I know it is only march in Rhode island, but as soon as the weather warms up you might try taking Tango out in the sunshine (in his cage). For some reason regular sunshine acts like birdie valium for my guys. Try it and see what happens.