NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What air cleaner is everyone using

turboking

The expensive filters get clogged way too quickly, so I use a 20" box fan from one of the big-box building suppliers, with a 20"x20"x1" filtrete filter in front of it. It has a huge filtering exchange rate. I place a carbon-embedded filter between the filtrete filter and fan to eliminate any odors, etc.. If you want, you can get fancy with a grooved trim piece for the filter to slip in and out of. Works very very well, and the filters are much cheaper than alternatives.

My brother-in-law has major dust allergies and has no problems with our birds and (lack of) dust.

I use a variant of these for my breeder cages and they do a very good job of dust elimination.

The expensive filters get clogged way too quickly, so I use a 20" box fan from one of the big-box building suppliers, with a 20"x20"x1" filtrete filter in front of it. It has a huge filtering exchange rate. I place a carbon-embedded filter between the filtrete filter and fan to eliminate any odors, etc.. If you want, you can get fancy with a grooved trim piece for the filter to slip in and out of. Works very very well, and the filters are much cheaper than alternatives.

My brother-in-law has major dust allergies and has no problems with our birds and (lack of) dust.

I use a variant of these for my breeder cages and they do a very good job of dust elimination.

Interesting idea. Thanks. I have a Honeywell that I like and was thinking of adding a few more. In some areas box fans might work better.

Sorry i was talking about a stand alone electric air purifier i can stick on each floor

The air purifiers that you're thinking about don't really work with parrot dust/dander. Those are made for areas that have dust in the air that you can't actually see. The one that Dave suggests works much better and is good for parrot areas.

• 3 weeks later...

Where do you place the fan? Just next to the cage, or in a window? Just trying to figure out how this would work with a cage in the living room. Thanks

Could you possibly post a picture of this?