NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baby's first cage toys

Darkfifi29

Kia Ora Friends,

I'm curious to know how many toys should be in your baby's cage when he arrives home for the first time, and has to go in to a cage he's never seen before, which is potentially full of toys he doesn't know?

For his 'interior design' in the cage I've followed advice and will put a towel down with newspaper on top of it in the bottom of the cage and have arranged the perches lower, his first cage is not very deep (in case he slips and falls).

I really think it depends on your particular bird. Some seem to adjust better than others to new changes. Especially babies. Ours readily accepts new toys and has never showed any type of stress, just confusion as to how to play with some of them. His sister however is much more cautious and needs to stare at it for a few hours before she will allow it near her let alone begin to play with it. That being said, our baby doesn't come home until this weekend so I have no clue how he will deal with the toys all at once, we've always introduced one or two during our weekly visits. The females family only have 1 toy (that she's played with since 5 weeks ago) in her cage to start off, being that she's clearly anxious of new items.