NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Too much variety?

alnoble89

I feed a variety of food to my birds and it was mentioned to me that the variety may be too much. I will be honest my guys have 4 different types of pellets on the regular basis to eat. They get Harrison's, Roudybush, Higgins, and Hagen. My main goal is to make sure my babies have the best and greatest of anything. I was just hoping for some suggestions and insights from other grey owners. Thanks in advance for all of you advice.

Can't have too much variety. I know I don't want to eat the same thing, every meal, every day. Boring.

You mention commercial products. All good. But don't forget variety in fresh fruits, vegetables, cereals and meats. With the exception of known dangerous foods, my birds have available what we eat (sometimes right from our plates, no less).

Can't have too much variety. I know I don't want to eat the same thing, every meal, every day. Boring.

You mention commercial products. All good. But don't forget variety in fresh fruits, vegetables, cereals and meats. With the exception of known dangerous foods, my birds have available what we eat (sometimes right from our plates, no less).

Right on Dave [spinner]

We feed pellets as a secondary food, about 1/2 cup 24/7, only low sodium veggies, mostly fresh veggies, a little chicken and fish, legumes and nuts, and only 1 or 2 small iieces of fruit a day, we also keep a 1/2 of sunflower less seed mix, no peanuts in the shell. We give them as a treat about 2 tbs sunflower seeds a day. We don't feed strawberry's unless there home grown, commercial strawberry's have the highest content of pesticides.

Edited by Jayd

Again, I am confused; I feed nutri-berries and tried ZuPreem Nutblend. Jellybean hates the ZuPreem. He will eat the Nutri-Berries any time of day. He gets unsalted roasted nuts, almonds, every day. The fresh varies;beans, maybe some sweet potatoes with red palm oil, whatever else is in season. He really likes the hot peppers. I know they don't taste the spice, but he seems to like them.

This is why I am confused; everybody seems to feed something else and swears by it. Which diet is the "right" one?

Jellybean at one point in time ate dog food. He stole it as I got the dog food dishes ready.

Again, I am confused; I feed nutri-berries and tried ZuPreem Nutblend. Jellybean hates the ZuPreem. He will eat the Nutri-Berries any time of day. He gets unsalted roasted nuts, almonds, every day. The fresh varies;beans, maybe some sweet potatoes with red palm oil, whatever else is in season. He really likes the hot peppers. I know they don't taste the spice, but he seems to like them.

This is why I am confused; everybody seems to feed something else and swears by it. Which diet is the "right" one?

Jellybean at one point in time ate dog food. He stole it as I got the dog food dishes ready.

In basic order: dark green leafy veggies,[kale etc]Red palm oil, orange veggies, all other veggies, legumes, beans, grains, egg, fish and chicken, nuts,[almond, walnut, pistachios,very few peanuts, there a legume] pasta,very little friut, 1/2 cup seed mix[no sunflower seed,save for treats, no raw peanuts in the shell] 1/2 cup non colored pellets, 24/7. then treats, hot peppers etc then all the varied treats, rotate, check the forum....

This is just a example:http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?190462-We-Feed-Our-Fid-s!!!-Update

Which diet is the "right" one?

Daniela, the "right" one is the one that Jellybean will eat eagerly and consistently. Use what others do as possibilities, but do what works for you and Jellybean. In other words, let Jellybean be your guide as to what is the right one for him.

It sounds to me that you've got it figured out perfectly for the two of you. Just remember, tomorrow all bets are off :)