NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Seeds for Sprouting

Timbersmom

Hi, this is what we have used for years, TOP's, you can sprout it, feed it out of the bag, no problem. There Treat is really good, I eat it, we get 2 bags, 1 for me, 1 for the birds,, it's human safe and organic.....http://totallyorganics.com/categories.php

Timbersmom, you should be able to find a quality, preferably organic food store and pickup bulk beans and seeds. I go to Whole Foods or Trader Joes. They are LOT cheaper than specialty sprouting kits and stuff, they are likely to be fresher, and no shipping added on. Look for the bulk/non-packaged section for:

• Legumes/peas (pea, lentils, mung beam, soybean, etc)
  • Cereals (wheat, barley, quinoa, rye, buckwheat, rice)
  • Cabbage (cabbage, broccoli, radish, mustard
  • Onions and leeks
  • Vegetables (spinach, lettuce, lemon grass)

I sprout in non-wax paper cups (like the dixie bathroom cups) and get a consumable/trashable container to serve them up in. And save a cup or two for yourself.

You can always ask your local grocer manager to get things special for you. They don't charge extra and love knowing they can sell stuff immediately when it comes in. Take a list in and ask what they can do for you. I do it regularly with our Kroger store with good success.

Interesting website there Myshelf. I can't find where they list what seeds are in their sprout mix though?

They have two different seed mixes:

AFD-Psittacine: Hulled Sunflower Seed, Whole Yellow Corn, Whole Oat, Brown Rice, Hi Pro Wheat Berry, Whole Green Pea, Garbanzo, Mung Bean, Buckwheat, Millet, Fenugreek, Pumpkin Seed, Sesame Seed, Quinoa, Radish Seed, Mustard Seed, Red Clover Seed

and AFD-Micrograin: Triticale, Rice, Millet, Alfalfa, Fenugreek, Buckwheat, Fennel, Flax Seed, Dill Seed, Sesame Seed, Amaranth, Quinoa, Mung Bean, Radish Seed, and Red Clover Seed