NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

One more rehomed!

murfchck

I am starting to think i am a magnet to hard luck cases. This is Cotay, a 12 yr old grey. Looking at her "cage", are you suprised she is a plucker? I picked her up last night and found her a good home within an hour. The feathers around the back of her neck are red, she is really beautiful. She talks and whistles but a bit nippy they said. I felt very good about the family who took her in, she ran right over to the wife, which was good, she ran from me. The hubby on the otherhand was less than thrilled, although he has always wanted a grey. His wife said he was just "acting" like he wasn't happy about it. I told her any issues what so ever and she comes back to my house, i didn't rescue this girl to be homed in a house that fights about her!

3L13Me3N15N45G85H7d280eaf340c527d19ef-1-1.jpg

Found them a great cage on craigs list, just hope the funds open up for them. Lol Getting a bird on the fly is tuff on the pocket book.

She was out of the makeshift cage almost all day. Got a great picture of her hubby with Cotay on his arm, just sitting back watching tv. She was exploring her new home right away, and i am very hopeful thing will be great for her now!

Agreed-or children or dogs I could go on. On the bright side her single perch was a good one, lots of differing sizes for foot health and offering some variety of branches rather than the one stick version. She is a good luck bird having a new home and yes my hubby says there is an invisible to us mark on our house too.

Had to visit her yesterday! She was just mumbling away, saying hello and her name and some other things i couldn't understand. She gets her big girl cage today, she has been out other than sleeping. I took them an O-stand i had, some dowels and long perches for them to install on it. (all new, for some odd reason i have a whole bunch of bird supplies, go figure!) She loved it. Of course had to take an adding paper toy with hemp string tied all over it for her to preen. A coffe box with paper wrapped almonds, peanuts and treats. Wrapped a bag up full of stuff for their other bird too. This was my first time seeing her in the daylight and she was sooo dusty. You could actually see it on her exposed feathers, she was such a light grey color yet her feathers that were covered by other feathers were a much darker grey. Since she is a fearless birdie, i suggested a aloe spray bath, which i just happened to have for her. To my suprise, after telling her how most greys are not fond of bath time, Cotay ran right into the shower water, shaking her butt and loving it. I wonder if that added to her plucking, hmmm. Lol Its pretty funny, my hubby was actually talking about how we could have put Bubba back in his old cage and put the divider in his double macaw cage and take Cotay home with us that her and Gabby could share that big cage! We had to keep reminding ourselves that our hands are full!

Spoke with Cotays caregivers yesterday! The wife is so excited, she has been chosen! She called me saying, " shes mine, shes mine! She is good with my husband but wants me! She loves cuddles and crawling up to snuggle under my neck. She even told me she loves me!"

Safe to say they are smitten and Cotay is happy!