NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Moving and Clueless

Alice2255

Hi, im Court i introduced myself about a year ago and have been very welcomed. (Thank You) But i need some help from my former Parrot Moms and Dads. Ive been with my beautiful African Grey, Lily for about two years now. I have been with her since she was about 6 months old, she is 2 now. And she has gotten really comfortable here in our (HER) house, We have bonded so much. But unfortunately I've found out that im moving across a couple states to another house. And it looks like were driving there too. Were looking about a 15-17 hour drive. I've already planned on getting the Pak-O-Bird so that way Lily is as comfortable as i can make her. I plan on being right next to her every step of the way. Like the Pak-O-Bird will actually be sitting in my lap most of the way there haha. I was just wondering if you had some tips and advice on the best ways to move with someone i care so much about. Im not moving until June so i have some time to gain all the knowledge, Because I am kind of clueless. :confused:

I did a move this past fall from Wisconsin to Virginia with three cats, two birds and my van hauled on a trailer. They all couldn't fit up front with us so two of the cats had to ride in the van. I seatbelted their taxis into the seats and they made it fine. The birds were up front with the last cat, all piled between the seats. We made frequent stops to check on everyone and offer water. The cats refused but Jasper had a drink and nibbles here and there. Tico didn't have anything until we stopped for the nigt because he hates riding and always gets carsick. We were having trouble finding pet friendly places, most just allowed one dog and they were getting rid of that so we finally just stopped at a place and smuggled everyone in along with a litterbox. You'll just want to be careful of the climate, make sure it's not too hot and if you have to have the ac on make sure it's not too cold and it's not blowing directly on her. Do the pac-o-birds have cups in them? I'm not sure. If not just offer her some water when you make stops.

Yeah the Pak-o-bird has two cups for food and water, but she is water bottle trained and the Pak-o-bird has a slot to hold the water bottle so water shouldn't really be a problem for her. And it has a perch of corse, also it has hooks to hang toys. I keep going through check lists in my head but I can't help but think I'm missing something. I just want this to be the least amount of stress on her as possible. Were moving from Utah to California which is quite a drive.