NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Panic, Fear and a senior moment

Ray P

This morning I was on my computer and had just made a post to Jays thread Hear me out when my phone rang. It was my neighbor and he said my bird was out and in a tree in his yard.

Panic and fear set in as I put on my shoes and tried to run down the steps. I checked Crickets cage as I went by and she was there and the two tiels are in theirs, but as I got to Corkys cage the door was open and she was not there. I yelled to the wife that Corky got out and was in a tree across the street. Our house is over 200 ft. from the road and I tried to run down the driveway. I could not walk right and was having a very time trying to walk or run. It was very cold and I did not have a coat on. As I crossed the street I could see a grey bird high in the tree and there was a branch in the way so I could not get a good look. I could hear my wife yelling and my son was running down the driveway and as he got to me he said mom has Croky. As the bird moved to another branch I could see it was a pigeon.

My neighbor than pointed out why I had a hard time walking and running.

I had put my shoes on the wrong feet.

Corky was with the Wife on her shoulder as she worked around the house.

The wife was in another room so I did not see her with Corky. I just ran out of the house in fear that the bird he saw in the tree was Corky.

I ran out of the house with no coat but I had my shoes on.

holy cow !!!!!!!! that would indeed be terribly scarey!!!!! Altho, I think its great that your neighbors KNEW you had a grey bird and called you right away. I think that is a great idea to let my neighbors know for just such emergencies :D glad things were ok for you Ray! nothing like getting your ticker going huh?