NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

TRICKY - how to identify the species

lycraloon

Being new on any forum is always quite daunting. Finding out who all the personalities are, will they take to my humour and where to find junk is something of a hit and miss afair.

If it's already been covered, I haven't found it yet, so please be patient with me for a bit. I guess I will find my way around here.

As far as I know, there are two main breeds of Greys. A lighter grey with a scarlet tail and a darker grey with a maroon tail.

Are there more and which is which. I only have my exe's word for the different breeds and I wouldn't bet anything onthe correctness of the info.

Peta (Aka Silly tart / dumbass and several other identity cirses she has from time to time) is the fairer complexioned light grey with scarlett tail.

Joe (the misfit grumpy old fart) is my exe's bird and he is the darker complexioned maroon tailed nutcase. ;)

The bright red tail is the Congo african grey (CAG) Larger grey and the maroon tail is the Timneh african grey (TAG) smaller grey. They are the only two species of african greys. A third was once considered, but later ruled out by scientists.