NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Firt Time Grey owner and we just brought 2 little sweethearts home last week.

BS2K

Hey Guys :o LONG TIME Reader here. Lurker if you will.

My family and i have been the fortunate new parents of ARES AND APOLLO.

They are both under 2 years old. And i can honestly say? The sweetest little goofballs i have ever had the privilege to be with.

Ares is the Little Timneh man on the left, And Apollo is the Congo man on the right.

I have read and heard over and over that when greys are re-homed ?

They have a HARD time adjusting.

My guys have taken to me and loved me and called me Daddy in under a day Is this Normal? Or does that mean neglect of love from the previous owner?

Ares-Apollo_zps71fff571.jpg

Ares-Apollo.jpg

P.S. They are both Banded and i have been in contact with the breeders they came from, and they have been more than wonderful in the information they have shared, and have been very sad that the people we re-Homed them from had to seek a new home.

I swear some Breeders REALLY do care and even though they have been re-homed? The love from a REAL breeder Momma and Daddy shines thru In the questions they have asked me thus-far.

Welcome to the forum. :)

They look to be in very good condition. When greys are so open in accepting new people and hoes, that means they were very well socialized and have had a very good and happy life up to the point they came to your loving home. Congratulations on rehoming these greys. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Edited by danmcq

Congrats on your two greys. You are in for a great treat of personalities. TAGs and CAGs normally have two very different personalities. I can't wait to hear more about Apollo and Ares.

I have to ask, about the profile picture. Is that you? And under what circumstances please!

Thank you for the STELLAR welcome everyone.

The picture as My avatar ? Is Basil Fawlty fro the British sitcom Fawlty Towers. :)

I have SO many stories to share from the post i made last night. They have BOTH bonded with me they preen me and tell me sweet coos in my ear.

And you are SO SO Right. TAGs and CAGs ? are completely different, The loves they share? The Smiles they give? So different from each other. Im so proud to be the Daddy of these little sweet-peas. And as an added bonus? These boys are nuts. lol. And the biggest sweethearts i have ever encountered.

Welcome to the forum. :)

They look to be in very good condition. When greys are so open in accepting new poeple and hoes, that means they were very well socialized and have had a very good and happy life up to the point they came to your loving home. Congratulations on rehoming these greys. I look forward to hearing more from you.

So they were gardening greys!? ;) Sorry Dan, couldn't help myself..

Welcome and congrats on your new fids. Did they both come from the same home? It's sad that they were rehomed but sounds like they are a couple sweet guys.

Both my parrots are re-homed and I did not have any problems with them either. They started to step up and take food from me the same day and next day I was able to touch them however I want. I just think some of them got used to people so much, that they do not afraid anymore