NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

While I am at work? (My guys a plucker!)

Guest HeatherVT

Guest HeatherVT

Hello all! I just came bad from the vets with my African Grey - "Bird" .. yes, that's his name! That is what he responded to when we took him in - the vet says the plucking seems to be 'emotional' related and recommended that we obtain cds that we could put on repeat while we're working - any suggestions? What do you do while working?

PS Bird has just recently begun regurgitating for me... quite a change from the aggressive, unhandlable bird from two years ago!

I can understand about the name. If Timber hadn't known his name when he came to us, he would think it was "That Bird" because of my husband's kidding! I leave the tv on animal planet for Timber while I am at work. I also make sure he has a forage box in the bottom of his cage, a treat in his hanging forage ball, and the standard array of toys. I'm pretty new myself. I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions.

I leave on either the tv or the radio. They enjoy the radio more it seems and lots of toys in the cage and also forging is a big one. Let them work for the treats or nuts. Hide them all over the cage or in toys etc so they will keep themselves busy. Also in the begining let her see where you hide stuff. My guys get so excited they cannot wait to start tearing up things to find there treats. Also if you would like go to my website and also on facebook and you can see some things i do with mine. http://www.crazyforbirdtoys.com