NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Gracie Starting to Regurgitate

JeffNOK

I know it's probably no big deal, but in the last couple of days Gracie has started to regurgitate when I am close to her. The first time she did it, I didn't know what she was doing at all. Today it was very clear and she seemed very intent on trying to feed me. I just stepped away and gave her some space. Isn't Gracie a bit young for this? She will be 18 months old next week. I know this is normal behavior, so I'm not worried. But, as you may know, Gracie is not a cuddle bird. I don't pet her, so I'm not sure what I am doing to cause this.

We all have difference of opinion about the regurg. I have always excepted it with all my birds and have never had sexual aggression. Encouraged in my hand only. 12 years later, my birds regurg only after several hours of bonding. I thank them and give a gift back! A kiss with thanks makes them happy. As far as " mental health being", how does blowing off regurg help mentally? I just don't understand!n( not trying to be difficult!) Nancy

My Chico is now 20 mos old and he and my amazon Fig kiss,regurgiate almost everyday now. They play,talk,prune,kiss,regurg.. already and we have only had Chico since Thanksgiving.I am very surprised they get along so good already. I am also happy that Chico has fit in very well.

It will depend on the bird. Another grey.... very challenging! It was fun to have my family visit this week. They didn't understand my love for my birds. First off in the morning, Sophie was on my shoulder... loving me, trying to regurg. My brother-in-law, was curious. " why does this bird love you so much, and what is she trying to do?" I have forgotten that people around birds, with no experience, have no idea! It was great to have someone interested, that doesn't have birds. He found Sophie amazing! Nancy