NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to the forum with the hopes of finding a new home for my grey

Hi, I have posted in the rescue portion of this site but I wanted to introduce myself and my CAG Darby. I can no longer provide for her in the way she needs therefore I am looking to find a knowledgable home that would be able to handle her and get her back to the point where she is happy and will be able to be handled again. Thank you and I hope to get some help from the folks in here in finding her a new home

I'm sure this is a very hard decision for you and that you made it with Darby's best interests at heart. You are in the Colorado area? Have you checked with The Gabriel Foundation? They have a wonderful adoption program. And, if they cannot adopt the bird out, will keep it forever (if I'm wrong about this, folks, please correct me).

Thank you for your response. The Gabriel Foundation is one of the ones I have heard terrible things about. They also want outrageous fees for their birds :( I looked into them before I got Darby and was treated terrible and when I did some research on the foundation and talked to parrot folks in the are I found bad things. Darby isnt going to need a sanctuary setting, just someone to work with her because I know she can get back to the point that I had her at a few years ago.

I'm very surprised to hear that about Gabriel. I've known a few people who have worked there and I've only heard good things. Maybe there's been a change in staff?? Ugh!

Don't give up. The right home will appear. I've adopted two out of three of my greys (well, three really. Sondhi was a reject that came back to the vet). I'm very lucky!

Again, I'm so sorry. I know how hard this must be. :( XOXO

Thank you Sarasota. It is hard. There might have been a change in staff but I do know that they still charge someone $75 just to apply with their organization and they also charge a "tour" fee for you to come to the facility to see their birds. I personally have a problem with that. I dont want to in any way bash anyone and I know they take in a lot of birds that other wont but I dont really want to work with them. They do great work with birds so I am grateful they are around just dont agree with some of the operations!!!

Im not in a hurry to get her placed in a new home so I can take my time with finding her a perfect home. In the mean time, I hope you guys dont mind me sticking around!

I do appreciate you coming here and the fact you agree to stick around while you work through placing Darby. You are in a tough spot and I also commend you for knowing you have reached the limitation of what you can do for Darby and help her get to a better place. Getting word out and working to find a solution takes some time but you are on the way to finding a good opportunity. Thanks for joining us.

Hi, I have posted in the rescue portion of this site but I wanted to introduce myself and my CAG Darby. I can no longer provide for her in the way she needs therefore I am looking to find a knowledgable home that would be able to handle her and get her back to the point where she is happy and will be able to be handled again. Thank you and I hope to get some help from the folks in here in finding her a new home

Repeat from Rescue Board

http://www.coloradoparrotrescue.org/

Very good rating---reliable---good reputation