NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tell me if what I am doing is OK

kitt4kaz

Felix is my 6 month old Timneh. He gets Zupreem Fruity pellets everyday all day. He was weaned onto these. I have tried to switch him to Harrison's, Roudybush, and even Intune (hoping that the colors would trick him) but to no avail. He won't touch them.

I also ordered birdie mash from Bird Street Bistro. He gets a cube of it every morning and evening. He seems to love it. I also mix him a batch of fresh veggies for the week and put them out for him daily. He used to at least peck at them. But now he doesn't touch them.

I recently made him some birdie bread with some of his RoudIybush ground up into it. He hasn't tried it yet so I'm not sure if he will like it. We will see tomorrow.

My questions are is it OK to give him birdie mash twice a day and some birdie bread during the day and stop giving him the fresh fruits and vegetables? He literally won't touch them and it's a chore to get them prepared and then him not even look at them. I will definitely continue to offer it if it's in his best interests. But do you think he gets enough of what he needs in the bread and mash?

I also offer a little seed everyday but I've learned that he wants to eat that over anything so I've started to limit it. He also gets almonds, peanuts, pecans, and other various nuts for snacks.

Thanks for your time and advice!

One of the most important things in a parrots diet is fresh veggies. Your fid needs much more then just the mash and bread, use the bread as a treat, a small amount a couple of times a week, a small piece of fruit is all you need. Check out the forum for mash recipes, make your own and feed daily......