NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Beautiful Bijou Needs New Home

rrd0166

Hello.

I adopted Bijou in 2000 from a friend who rescued her. We were told she was 5 at that time. I had not gone looking for a bird but when Bijou decided to bond to me I couldn't say no. I learned to care for her and grew very attached to her. After nearly 13 years I have come to the VERY difficult decision that I can no longer care for her the way she deserves. She is spending way too much time alone and I can't find any way to change that. I know that parting with her will break my heart and hers but I believe if we can find the right situation we will both heal. Sending her to a breeding mill or any other bad situation is not going to happen. She will stay with me until the right person comes along.

Is there anyone in Northern Ca. (Bay Area) who can help me?

I used to live in san jose and worked with http://www.mickaboo.org/ rescue on and off when I had the time. They may know someone interested or be willing to take her in if you do not find a responsible and trust worthy person on your own. If this is a grey, they do not sit in Mickaboo very long due to greys being a rare bird in their rescue and people just waiting to find a grey they can love by adoption. Mickaboo has tons of amazons and macaws, but normally none or only one grey at any given time.

Thanks for coming in and joining us to help find the right match for Bijou. It is wrenching to come to a decision that is made with your heart and soul dedicated to giving her the very best life she deserves. We rehomed a little Timneh and it has been the right thing for all concerned. Blessings and best of luck as you work through the details.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi rrd0166, I have been searching for a Grey I could love for life. I know it must be very hard to have to rehome your beloved parrot, but I could offer her a great home. I work part-time as a special education teacher, so have lots of time at home for a "fid" (feathered kid). Please PM me so I could tell you more about my qualifications, bird/ Grey experience, and lifestyle. I would love to adopt Bijou. I live near Berkeley, CA.