NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello, and New to Forum

makes3

I'd like to introduce myself and my parrot family. BG is my African Grey hatched in July 2002; I got my Pionus, Kiwi, and one Cockatiel , Opal, in '04 and another Cockatiel, Candy, this year. BG's not much of a talker but makes incredible noises. They all love being handled and having their heads scratched, but BG's a cuddler. They all bring me such joy! I look forward to hearing about everyone's experiences and learning from others.

Hi makes3, Welcome to you and your flock to the grey forum.

Many members have more than one species of parrots and we love them all.

I have a CAG named Corky, A BFA named Cricket and two cockatiels Willie male normal grey and Little One pied female.

Welcome to you and your flock and thanks for sharing your joy with us. You have had a lot longer to enjoy being a "parrot person", I wish I had known to start earlier. We have a red bellied parrot related to the Senegal family and she loves to be handled and talks very little but interacts constantly with sound effects. We also have a rehomed eleven year old Timneh and it has taken almost two years for him to be comfortable with any closeness, but I have hope that he is going to relax and get beyond his past. It will be lovely getting to know you, we will surely learn as much from you as you gain from us.

Hello Makes3 and welcome to our family.

I think the majority of us have more than one bird and more than just one species, its hard to pick a favorite of all the parrots so we get a variety but the grey does get pretty close to being the top pick.

You are really lucky that BG is a cuddler as most greys like to when babies then they grow out of it, at least mine did so enjoy this aspect of your life with BG as most of us have to settle for head scratches.

I have 3 birds, Josey my grey, Sunny my sun conure and Gypsy my cockatiel, the first two I got as just weaned babies and the tiel just dropped in my back yard a couple of summers ago, I kept her after searching for her owner and she has proved to be a wonderful companion.

Pictures are always welcomed if you have some you would share with us.