NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

i am not allowed to do anything by myself

jbsmomto1

Storm has become very attached to me and I cannot do anything without him somewhere very close by, he sits at the window when I wash dishes, comes into the bathroom when i have a bath, sits on the back of the couch when i am there etc etc....today i needed to make more mash for their breakfasts and of course Storm was right there, he was on his window perch watching every move I made, but something I put in it must have gotten him very excited. He climbed down in no time and was checking it out and helping himself lol.....he is so funny. He went from a bird who wouldn't try anything new 6 weeks ago and now he will eat anything, or at least try it. He even tried a fried egg, he won't eat scrambled much but when i had fried eggs for dinner he was doing the dance....Echo just yells "WANT MORE!" so the little dance seems so polite and so strange.

Anyway here is the pic of him helping himself. It wasn't even fully made yet but he didn't care, he just knows he wanted it.

cantwait.jpg

They learn very quickly that food is not to be missed and it will be next to impossible to keep them out of it, I see maybe a little in cage time in the future for Storm, of course that never hurts as they have to learn to amuse themselves for periods of time.

They learn very quickly that food is not to be missed and it will be next to impossible to keep them out of it, I see maybe a little in cage time in the future for Storm, of course that never hurts as they have to learn to amuse themselves for periods of time.

He absolutely needs to be locked up while I am cooking, bc he has this HUGE need to be with me or in eye sight all the time, and I am just to afraid to have him that close to the stove. I can totally see his curiosity getting the better of him and severely burning his feet or himself, which would probably be fatal...he hates being where he can't see me and will "cry" until I return to his sight. Even if I talk to him from another room he will stop long enough to listen to me than start "crying" again. Echo also cries if he is locked in but his cry is a kittens meow or a dog bark and the kitten cry is so pitiful sounding lol, if you ignore the meow or bark for to long, he starts with "hello...helloo...helloooooooo, HELLO" he kills me LMAO. For a quaker he is a great talker and sound mimicker.

LOL! Echo has his mama wrapped around his finger! Yay for Echo. Smart little bugger. I believe in smothering to death love and affection for any new baby, when they are just that... a baby! If you are cooking, hand off Echo to another family member( within your site), while cooking. Perfect time to acclimate to other family members. As long as you are within site, Echo should be fine. I did this with all my birds. They loved and trusted me, but were fine to hang out with another family member, as long as I was in site. Ten years later.... Ryan and Sean are home from college.... we were watching a movie. Sophie spent first hour with Sean, second hour with Ryan. They were petting her under her beak, head, etc. They had no idea they were doing this as they watched the movie. It was second nature. Sophie ignored me entirely. I was the only one that noticed. Very happy. Nancy