NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

handrearing mess!!! problem with baby quaker

Taykie

hello um baby slash (quaker/monk parrot) is about 5 weeks old and a bit and we have been hand feeding him the AVI.PLUS but because of his small beak the food runs onto his chest and dries up and now the feathers are like stuck together and hard! we dont know how to clean it?? any advice would be much appreciated :) (never had these problems with my CAG DJ :eek: .. prefer bigger babies!:P)

Edited by Taykie

Warm, moist toilet paper or paper towel to gently soak the food. It will slowly moisten and soften enough for removal. Do not attempt to pull the food off - use gentle wiping.

Of course, the best solution is to wipe off any food after feeding is completed. If the food is overflow from your bird regurgitating after feeding, then you may be feeding to much or the consistency is off.

Warm, moist toilet paper or paper towel to gently soak the food. It will slowly moisten and soften enough for removal. Do not attempt to pull the food off - use gentle wiping.

Of course, the best solution is to wipe off any food after feeding is completed. If the food is overflow from your bird regurgitating after feeding, then you may be feeding to much or the consistency is off.

thank you for the advice, i dont feed him my sister does as its her baby, and it seems shes not very good because i manage not to mess on him when i feed him. and he doesnt seem to be regurgitating it sorta falls on him as he is taking the food. we have tried changing the consistency but he wont eat when it is too thick..