NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Does this pass inspection?

paleale

I like this cage alot. It has all the features our cages have with one added benefit of the distance between the grates and the papers on the bottom. I don't like when Gilbert gets down on the grates and eats food that has been discarded and is not only past its freshness, but also soiled so with my cage, I have to be much more vigilant to remove temptations. I like the way the playtop has a sliding solid "drawer" like our cages because I can leave that out when he is on the playtop, but when it is Java's turn out of the cage, I put it back in because she sometimes lands on his cage top and that protects her feet from him reacting before I can chase her off. I would actually prefer this cage to the ones we have and the cost is about the same as the discount we got by buying two from the same vendor.

It's a DEFINATELY buy! Very nice and spacious. what a great price! Don't worry about it being a forever cage. My 3 have had 3 different cages each over the last 4-7 years. once you fill it like they are used to, and allow them to explore. They will be fine if you decide to buy a different cage.

• Haha 1

I have this cage also for my Timneh. I do like the cage but it did arrive damaged. Some of the pieces were so bent that my husband had to re-bend them to make them fit together. A lot of the paint was scraped off too. But we put it together and decided to keep it and just tried to turn the worst sides to the back. I did send Petco an email about it. They called me the next day apologizing and offered to send me a new one if I would send the damaged one back. I explained that I had no other cage to put my bird in (I did have his night cage but just didn't want to go through all of the trouble of taking it down, etc) so they insisted that they would send me a new one and I could use the damaged one until I got the new one in and assembled. They new one was in much better shape. There were no bent pieces at all and only one small spot where the paint was a little scraped off.

I can't complain about their customer service at all! I hope you don't have to go through all that. Otherwise, I do like the cage. It is pretty easy to clean except for the cracks and crevices around the skirt attachment. I can roll it outside but I have to go down steps. I am thinking of getting a steam cleaner to clean it inside.

It was pretty easy to assemble. My husband was able to put it together completely in about 30 minutes or less.

Fortunately I've got an jump on things, so of it comes in damaged I have plenty of time to try for another. I ordered it late Tuesday night so it should be here soon! Just got our Christmas tree taken down and the cage is going in its spot. I will get it put together before my husband gets home (that way I won't hear "This is HUGE! Does that little bird really need all that space?!"). I'll take pictures once it's put together! Thanks for the opinions, guys! My breeder thought it was a good find too.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this post, I am also researching the possibility of buying a Grey or another similar size bird. I also found this Petco cage and was wondering if it would suit a Grey or perhaps an Amazon? So the 1/2 spacing is suitable and is the gauge of it's bars big enough for either Grey's or Amazon's? Just wondering, Thanks Bill in Indiana

p.s. , I don't mean to high-jack your thread Paleale, but I did not want to start a duplicate thread for the same cage..

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished putting the cage together and it's next to perfect! And HUGE! My husband had to make a couple bends here and there, but nothing major at all. One of the holes was a little smushed and he easily bent it back into shape using a screwdriver. For the deal I got it was totally worth it!

We can't wait for our little girl to come home! Here's a look (sorry for the icky cell phone quality):

IMG384_zpsd4d59bab.jpg

Funny...my wife found this cage about a week ago. I wrote it off because of the price then saw it over on AA and got re-interested in it and now this thread. When I saw your link I thought, I'll bet this is the brown Petco cage :) . Seems to be a nice cage, however I found one for sale on CL and they want $300. I'll throw the link their way and say, I'll pay used price but I won't pay way over new. Looks like this will be the cage we get too. Someone over there at AA said it goes on sale occasionally for $180. I got two weeks (and the price will probably go up - haahaa).

We bought this cage also. Our baby doesn't come home for another couple of weeks but so far we're very pleased with this cage. However, the box came MANGLED. I even took pictures of it so that if we needed to send it back, we could back up our claim that it arrived damaged. Thankfully, the cage inside wasn't damaged. One bar was slightly bent ( & I mean slightly) & was easily fixed back into place. Love the color too. I was originally worried about the play top design arch but the picture on their site is very deceiving. The space isn't tight at all. Hope our baby will be just as pleased with it as we are!