NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Feeding a 6 week african grey

lamarais

So, that would make her 9 weeks old maybe? And she is a little over 390 grams. Does this sound right? Have you taken her to an avian vet yet? They would know for sure, if this information is correct, she's probably about 9 weeks. We got our bird at 8 1/2 weeks, and this sounds about right. I'm sure others here have more advice.

Well Ya'll I just got back from the Rainbow Pet Store a small but very helpful store that is privately owned. The owner who breeds Greys told me that Fancy was probably around 20 weeks old and it would be only a short time before she could fly. I'm taking her back in a few weeks to get her wings clipped. He said it was too late to band her but that I could implant a microchip with her information. Does anyone have any experience about Microchiping Greys? Both my dogs have them.

Well Ya'll know I am new to this wonderful site so can anyone tell me where the messsages go when an email from the site informs me that:

"A new post has been made to a topic to which you have subscribed on the greyforums.net forums forum

Subject: 'Re:Feeding a 6 week african grey' in Forum: 'Bird food' Posted by: Tari

Because I never see one here."

Ginger

Ginger, when you make a post from a submit post from a full reply page there is a box that is automatically checked to inform you by your email address that a new post has been added to the one you previously posted in. You need to take that check out of the box to stop those emails, I know it is annoying and I always have a lot of them to delete every day. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi all , im new here , just some advice , i recentley bought an African Grey ( 5 months old ) i need to know how many times a day do i feed him and what would be the best type of food , i have the pellets and sunflower seeds mixed.

Thanx

Stuart

Hi Stuart & welcome, we have a welcome room please come in & introduce yourself in there :)

To many sunflowers are not good for your grey, use them sparingly, a pellet diet with mixed fruit & vegtables is the way to go.

Here is a link for you so you can read through what members here feed their greys.

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/bird-food/24030-whats-your-greys-diet.html