NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

wanted to share....

jbsmomto1

When I first got Storm I ordered him "the percher" bc I do most of my shopping online it's hard to see and feel the weight of an object. It was clear that the percher would be great for Echo but not Storm, it's just to light and to flimsy for a bigger bird. I didn't trust it not to tip so I made my own, I posted pics of that when I did it. Well I didn't like that one either because the perch itself was square and Storm didn't seem to like it much, so I went on another search.

I was reading about cages on here and someone made a comment about the cage needing more toys and gave the link to her site. I clicked the link, and what did I see? A perfect stand for Storm, it was everything I wanted, safe, portable and easy to clean, so I messaged her and asked her about shipping to canada (most us site won't) and she got back to me a few days later with a shipping price. It was a very high price, but it was about safety so how could I refuse....

It arrived yesterday and it is amazing, Storm stepped right up onto it and started loving it, Echo who is a bit jealous that he doesn't have 1 also got to try it out and he loves it as well, if I could afford the shipping I would seriously buy 1 or 2 more, 1 for Echo and one for my kitchen. I also ordered a "want noise" toy and Storm who is quite playful loves it as well, she also sent along a complimentary toy that Storm has destroyed already.

Carol was a wonderful person to work with, and I am so glad that I asked about shipping. She was great, she didn't rush into shipping, she looked around to find me the best shipping price. She sent it out right after getting my payment and sent me an e-mail that it was to arrive Friday or Monday (of next week) Imagine my delight when this turkey fryer box came and inside was the stand. Friggen awesome.

Carol I know you are a member here so if you are reading this, thank you again. The stand is perfect and if I win a lottery or shipping prices come down I will be ordering 2 more of these wonderful stands.

Here are a couple of pics...

Stormstand2.jpg

Stormstand1.jpg

and the link to Carol's site http://www.crazyforbirdtoys.com/foot-toys.html

well that's the thing, had shipping not been as much as it was, I would have ordered 2 more. $40 is a great price and she uses it for her macaws so absolutely safe for the weight of a grey. I would recommend this for anyone with a larger bird. I love the portability of if as well...I just hate moving them around the house, so want more lol.