NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello all :)

Edo

:)Hi there, have been reading posts on this page for quite awhile and decided to join today. Parrots have always been, and are my true love!

I admit I never wanted an African grey. I was always drawn to macaws, toos and amazons. I would always pass by the greys to give my attention to the outgoing amazons or affectionate toos. I would stop to talk to a shy grey to have my attention stole by an amazon who would captivate me with his outgoing playful personality.

My husband is the one who talked me into getting a grey and he was convinced she would be the perfect bird for us. He drove me 6 hours to meet my little baby and it was love at first sight. I have had her for a year now and she is truly my best friend. I can't imagine life without her and look forward to the years ahead of us.

Glad I came across this page, the information and advice are priceless !

Hello Edo and welcome to our family.

So you didn't really want a grey but my how that has changed after bringing one into your life, best move you ever made and she is your best friend and it was love at first sight, I can relate to that.

That is a sweet looking grey in your avatar, Edo is beautiful but then I haven't seen one that wasn't, some think greys are dull colored birds but that combination of different hues of grey with that red tail is striking to say the least.

Please feel free to add additional pictures right here in the threads if you like as we love to see pictures of the babies, they are so adorable.