NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Small milestone tonight!

Sassy

Not for Neytiri but for hubby. It actually started yesterday when he was calling her an awesome bird and that she was his second favorite bird. Not sure what the first is but hey I'll take it. Anyway tonight he was having some Cheetos and Neytiri flew over to his arm. She was eating the Cheetos and hubby actually pet her head. He has never pet her or any other bird for that matter.

I'm sooo excited. He's also still contemplating taking in the one from the lady at the bird shop she has to rehome. (Triton) sulphur crested too that should prove to be interesting.

Sassy:D

This is exciting news. Sometimes it just takes breaking the ice and getting to know each other better. Short successful introductions with great praise open up more opportunites. Watching my husband with Gilbert has been so heartwarming, I am glad your husband is getting to know Neytiri too.

Hay Sassy there are no small milestones as they all are important each in their own way.

Good to see hubby coming around.

It only takes one special bird to change a person.

And one special person to change a bird.

Edited by Ray P

A Triton is a huge step in a different direction but it is wonderful to have that friendly interaction and aceptance between Nyteri and hubby.

Yeah it is but I don't think she would have offered it to me if she didn't think I could handle it... she knows i'm still a noob at this... but i have lots of help form the people at the shop and from sites like this... :)