NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

To love an amazon

Ray P

To love an amazon is something that can be very special as many people would not even consider one because of their reputation and that was me four years ago. Its a mater of getting to know them and understanding their wants and needs. You also need to know that all amazon species are not the same.

Many times when people talk about amazons they will refer to the hot three amazon and forget to add males at the end of hot three, and that may lead you to believe that all amazons are the same.

Yep, that was me four years ago and than along came Cricket my Blue Fronted Amazon, and she had a reputation that made me stop and think twice about taking her. It was no, no, no, maybe, ok.

That ok made a big change in my life and the life of my family as Cricket made her way in to our hearts.

Cricket is a clown and has her own way of looking at life and I think that is the amazon way. Cricket is a female and a member of the hot three, but its the males that can be the biggest challenge when they are in season.

It is said that before you take on an amazon you should have parrot experience, but if you have done your research they say the same about a grey along with many other species of parrots.

If I were to make a point with this thread it would be that all parrots can have there challenge and you must be ready to meet what ever comes along.

If another amazon came along that needed a home would I take it ?? You bet.