NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Felix enjoying his bath

kitt4kaz

Thanks! Actually, a bath is a rare thing with Felix. About once a month I can tell he is in one of his "frisky moods" and I will put the big bowl of water out for him and he will go to town. But a bath is definitely on his terms only. He is only 5 months old so hopefully he will start to want a bath more often in the future. He generally just preens and picks his feathers after a bath and gets lovey and wants to go to bed.

Loved the video! They are so funny when bathing. I use a 9 x 13 heavy glass baking dish for Timber, and he spreads his wings and dips as much of himself in as he can, head first. I sure wish I could get a video of it, but Timber just stands there and stares at me every time I get the camera, and even my phone.

Jasper tried once to bathe in his water bowl a couple months after he had been home. That's the only time I've seen him try. I take him in the shower with me and once in a great while he will open his wings and duck into the stream of water. My conure on the other hand loves bathtime. He'll dunk in his water, look at me and make this special squak, my cue to get his bath filled and hung in the door for him.

Is that a normal type wing clip? It's totally opposite what Jasper gets.