NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Chinese Guides?

chassysweirdo

Hello everyone!

I am quite new here, but I hope you don't mind me asking for a bit of help.

We've had our little Benny for three years, but unfortunately my father broke his trust in an awful way and now he cries and fearfully avoids him. My dad just wants to be friends again, but doesn't know how delicate birds - especially greys - are. My mother loves him dearly but can't stand to hold him, so you can see that it will be disastrous when it's time for me to move out (being in my last year of college).

My parents are capable of reading English, but have the easiest time with Chinese. They'd have a deeper understanding of the full implications in proper care for birds, and if they were to read more about training, understanding, and caring for Greys, life would be better and more fulfilling for all three of them.

I don't know if there is anyone here who is or can read/speak Chinese, but if they know the right direction to point me in, that would be wonderful. Books, websites, DVDs....anything would be helpful.

We are Cantonese, if that helps any, but it shouldn't really matter in the long run because they're both fluent in Mandarin as well.

A million thanks for the help!!

I think Shanlung may be helpful. This is one of his threads. Click on his member name. There will be a drop down option to Private Message him. Last I remember, he said something about the internet being funky at his current posting. So don't get discouraged if you don't hear back right away. But I think he'll be happy to help.

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?190007-Tinkerbell-Mash-Best-food-by-far-for-your-Grey