NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How to get them to eat their veggies

kitt4kaz

Felix won't eat them out of his fruit bowl. However, I stuff them into a pine cone every day and he will at least pick at them. I don't think he actually eats a lot of them though because a lot of them end up on the floor of the cage. Any ideas? He does get about 2 tablespoonsful of birdie mash in the morning and evening. Sometimes he eats it all, sometimes he barely touches it. So he is getting some veggies/grains/fruits mixed in then.

Also, how much seed can I give him per day? He gets pellets all day, fruits and veggie bowl, and birdie mash in the morning and evening. I've noticed it I give too much seed, he starts to only eat the seed.

Thanks!

Your doing good, keep it up. When we question "How much?" does our parrots eat a day, we need to take into consideration "How much food do they need?" A good way to determine this is size comparison, :Compare the amount of food to the size of their brain, 2 tbls of mash at one meal is quite a lot, 50-60cc per meal of balanced food is good...Add to this everything else that we feed to our fids in a day, is probably to much. Seeds: Keep a 1/2 cup of a good quality seed mix in the cage4/7, remove the sunflower seeds and give them about 2-3 separately as treats. Don't forget nuts, legumes, greens, and only a small piece of fruit a day.